Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Thoughts of A Former "Fetus"

-Mark 9:36 Then He took a child, had him stand among them, and taking him in His arms, He said to them, 37 "Whoever welcomes one little child such as this in My name welcomes Me. And whoever welcomes Me does not welcome Me, but Him who sent Me."

Those who are "pro-abortion" argue that it is a woman's choice as to whether she will have a child or an abortion. They would argue that it is "her body" and it is her right to decide what she does with it. They would further argue that as a man I have no right to an opinion in the matter. I will concede to them that as a man, I probably have no right to an opinion. However, I am more than a man, I am a former "fetus" (although I prefer the term unborn baby), as is every other living, breathing person on earth. I believe this gives me and the rest of us right to comment. You see, I to was in the same position as every unborn baby is today. Because I was born to a loving Mother who first of all believes in Jesus and then believes in life, I am here to have an opinion. Therefore, I believe I do not only have a right, I have an obligation to speak on behalf of unborn children who don't have the ability to defend themselves. For if I had been in the womb of a women who "chose" to abort me I would not be here to voice my thoughts.

Even more surprising than this, everyone who argues for abortion, including those who have abortions are former "fetuses" as well. Its pretty easy to take the stand they do now that they are safe and there is no possible way their misguided views on abortion could possibly end their existence. They have safely made it through the birth canal because they probably had loving Mothers who believed in life that were willing to go through the wonderful life-changing experience of being a Mom, withstanding the discomfort of pregnancy and pain of childbirth to first lay their eyes on that amazing miracle of life.

I find it extremely distressing that in the United States of America, the land of the free, where our constitution grantees LIFE, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness that we have allowed the unthinkable to happen for the last forty years. That an estimated 40,000,000 babies have been aborted. Forty million babies - that is a number greater than the population of many countries. I find that number to be absolutely astounding! Who knows what wondrous things would have happened in this country had they not been aborted. Sure, some would have been criminals, some would have grown up to have children out of wedlock themselves, and who knows how many would have grown up to be men and women of God, doctors, lawyers, scientists, moms, dads, all around good people, or true statesmen and women. We will never know what tremendous accomplishments, tragedies, cures for diseases, scientific discoveries, or how much love was destroyed. Its just sad, very sad.

All of the opinions on earth don't really matter, though. As a former "fetus" I know that abortion is wrong not simply from the knowledge that comes from being a former "fetus". I know that it is wrong because I know the God of the Bible and He has told us how wrong it is starting in the Ten Commandments and numerous place throughout the Bible. I believe he has also imprinted it on our hearts. I think everyone knows it is wrong but out of some selfish need refuses to acknowledge it. You see, God, in His Righteousness determined before the world began what was good. He created us in His image and has given us instruction of good that we would have fuller lives. He also gave us free will which allows us to make good and bad decisions - even to ignore His leading and to turn our backs on Him and because man thinks he knows more than God, he chooses not to follow God's perfect will.

God bless all of those aborted children and bless all of the yet to be born children, in Jesus Name. Amen.


2 comments:

  1. Wow... this is a very powerful post. I was truly moved. To be honest, I'm so used to the abortion/life conversation that I actually had the audacity to think I already knew what you were gonna say before you said it. The fact that you spoke from the perspective you did and the tone in which you took was very moving. Thank you for this post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 40,000,000 murdered lives. Abolutely an astounding and heartbreaking number. And along with Christian, I thought that I had some cluse where you were going. Thanks.

    Josh

    ReplyDelete