Sunday, April 12, 2009

Always Home

I had a most blessed experience today, Easter Sunday. I am away from my home on business. I am in Barstow, CA. Anyway, I attended the First Baptist Church of Barstow and as worship began I realized that even though I was in a curch many miles from my church, in a sanctuary full of people I had never met, I was home. I was with my brothers and sisters in Christ and even though they didn't know me and I didn't know them we all have the same hope and are all lovers of God and have found salvation through our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.

It is very comforting to know that our Lord always was, is, and will always be. Not only that, He is omni present. No matter where I am or where I will be, He is with me. Not only is He with me, He remains with my wife where she is and with all of my children and grandchildren where they are. What a mighty God we serve! Praise His name! My fellow believers will know exactly what I am speaking of and those who are not followers of Jesus have no earthly idea of the comfort this brings. However, if you don't know Jesus, please understand that he is just one prayer away. He will meet you where you are because you are not able to be where He is on your own. Then you too will know the comfort that being a member of the family of God is.

My six-year old grandson, who is, praise God, also my little brother in Christ understands this. His dad told me just today of him watching his best friend being babptized. He had not realized his best friend had come to know Jesus. When he realized his best friend was saved, my preasious grandson got a tear in his eye and said to his father, "this means my friend and I are really brothers now because he is my brother in Christ." How wonderful and glorious is that? Praise God.

2 comments:

  1. Another great post! It's great to know believers have "all things in common" (Acts 2) because of their namesake, Jesus Christ. No matter what race, socio-economic makeup, appearance, etc. we are co-heirs and adopted sons and daughters of the Father (Ephesians 1:3-14) if we believe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your kind comment and for the scriptural context. God bless you.

    ReplyDelete